Tuesday, September 20, 2005

In the epic battle between larke and the juice...the juice wins.

My juice was poisoned.
No seriously.
See, I’ve been sick these past couple of days and, of course, I’ve been ingesting lots of fluids. I have this giant thing of pineapple orange juice at home that I have been drinking compulsively, but I didn’t seem to be getting any better. Well, three vitamin waters later I am feeling AOK. I’m drinking coffee, eating cereal (with MILK!) and my digestive system is behaving. I make myself a sandwich to take to work, along with a water bottle filled with juice. With the pineapple orange juice. (cue omniminious music) Later, at work, I take one sip of the juice and settle down to read the bible when.. Shakes…Hot and cold flashes… tummy rebelling… the letters on the page keep dancing around…
Now who could have poisoned my juice? Who had unlimited access? Who would get a single if I died? And free therapy? And who spent a good part of the evening trying to convince me that my responce to the juice was psychosomatic? Who I wonder? Who indeed?
Anyway, remember how I was going to update this thing ALL THE TIME? Yeah. About that.
Anyway, back to Larke reading the Bible. Is it bad that I refuse to just carry the thing? I stick it in my bag when I have to walk any where with it. I’m embarrassed to be seen with it. I’m afraid someone will think I am a bible freak. Cause I’m not. It’s for a class. Which I am going to get an A in. No lazy larke who’s not doing her reading this semester. No sirree.
Also, I’ve been reading the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe which gives someone far to much glee. (the same someone who may be trying to kill me?) But it goes nicely with my bible.

*Note: Larke does not actually think her roommate is trying to kill her. So any RA's or roommates dont need to be worried. This was just inserted for comedic purposes. (or was it?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lark(e) said...

it makes quite a thumping noise when I shut it, which is vaugly satisfying, especally if I don't have to open it again anytime soon.
I got called a heathen by my prof when I revealed that this was the first time I had read it.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Lark(e) said...

oooo very nice. I approve.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home