Thursday, August 04, 2005

7 Reasons Why Larke Now Hates Kims Video


  1. Loud oppressive music that gives me a head ache every time I am in there (not that I have anything against loud oppressive music. There is a time and place for it just not when… fuck it, I hate it and I wish it didn’t exist.)
  2. Smarmy pretentious NYU film students who condescend me every time I am in there. Dude. You work in a video store.
  3. The shop is a giant monument to the Auteur system, which in my opinion is the worst theory ever to hit cinema (FUCK YOU FRENCH NEW WAVE). It completely undermines the fact that cinema, even more so that theatre, is a collaboration and that is what makes it so cool. Oh? What’s that Goddard? You are an egotistical megalomaniac? Oh ok, I guess its fine if you FUCK OVER THE REST OF CINEMA FOR ALL TIME. (plus it means it is impossible to find anything there).
  4. They rented me the old battle star gallatica when I asked for the new.
  5. They rented me a copy of city of god that was scratched to hell. (seriously, it took me an hour to watch 25 min of it before I gave up. It’s a tribute to how good the film is that I stuck with it as long as I did.)
  6. Sketchy security guards that hover over you when you are in the records section.
  7. Quentin Tarrentino thanked kims in the credits of Kill Bill. Which means we know exactly who rented him all those movies that he ripped off. If he hadn’t seen those films maybe he would be original (or wouldn’t exist).

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Did you go to the one on Bleecker? I agree, that one sucks. The one on St. Mark's is much preferred, although I would use no franchise of Kim's for renting. It's Blockbuster all the way.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Lark(e) said...

dude, totally come party with me. it'll be my first night of freedom in FOR EVA

6:34 PM  
Blogger L.Dah K.Plan said...

Dear me.
I choose not to engage in a debate about the auteur system via blogger comments.
I also want to talk to you soon.
Much love
l.dah

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home