Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Tuesday’s pop culture round down

* New Harry potter trailer is available at Mugglenet.com. Absolutely orgasm worthy. Definitely at the top of my list for shows I can’t wait to see.









* Aeon Flux trailer looks bad. Sigh. Well there is another Charlize movie this fall so hopefully that one will be good.

*New Serenity trailer is also good. I’m hoping non firefly people turn out for this so they make it into a trilogy. Really, all of American should help me fulfill my Joss obsession.

(Joss in a cow boy hat!)

*Can the Oscar race start already? I want high quality Hollywood, I’m sick of meager quality indie (Junebug, Barf). (Though Amy Adams is excellent. I hope she becomes a star.) And You me and Everyone we know made me cry though I was all poised to hate it (being on this Indie=bad kick and all). Actually a really enjoyable flick. Go team.

*I officially am sick of Elijah Wood. Look at the way he furrows his brow. Acting for him is furrow furrow WIDE EYES furrow furrow.

*Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is gonna make an excellent movie. It is not, however, a great book. It should be read fast and with out thinking. I unfortunately took a week to read it. Its good but not fantastic (unlike everything’s illuminated which is ah-MAZE-ing but is gonna be a disappointing flick(see above, I-hate-elijah-comment).



*People should not stand to listen to Sufjan. Even if he is putting on a beautiful show and performing cheers. They should sit in plush comfy seats. Unfortunately, I will not experience that until the show in October. So I stood in Bowery Ballroom (nice venue, evil floor) for a good five hours. Oh the pain.

EDIT: Nice comentary on Patches' blog (plus a pic of me looking like a skull AND some video of above mentioned cheers)

And last but not least:


*The cast for the new season of America’s next top model has been revealed including someone Ledah goes to school with (bet you anything she has been cast as the hot, smart queer who will fight with the bimbo religious girl, cause, I mean, thats all that exsists at Weslyan right?). I am so excited. Its gonna be an amazing fall.

3 Comments:

Blogger L.Dah K.Plan said...

She is hot, I don't know about smart, and VERY queer. Apparently she has a policy of only being friends with "pretty people."
Do I watch this and be slightly sickened with myself yet fulfill my curiosity, or try and maintain some kind of (faux) moral status?

11:23 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

I'll watch it for you because I love my ANTM and then report back. Then it's my moral failing, not yours. Eh?

1:26 PM  
Blogger Lark(e) said...

yeah! you can have reports from both of is! though it really sounds much more stupid when you try to describe it. You must watch.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home