Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yes I Watched it.

And I am not ashamed.
But the official verdict is that High School Musical 2 (Aka 2 Chaste 2 Serious) is not nearly as good as High School Musical 1 (aka the whole not kissing thing kinda makes sense because none of the characters have started dating yet). Yes it picks up in its last 45 minutes with an awesome baseball dance sequence but before that there is waaay too much talking. Dear Disney, I do not watch High School Musical for the convoluted plotting, I watch it for the perky perky dance numbers. Which are, ehem, legitimately good. Hopefully they will step up their game for High School Musical 3 (maybe this time the characters will make out? Or come out?).
And yes I do plan on seeing it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does Lucas Grabeel(Gabreel?) have to be gaaaay. We coulda made it work!

*pouts*

4:31 PM  
Blogger Lark(e) said...

Um. Because he's in the upcoming Harvey Milk biopic. And also because when I went to type his name into google its first suggestion was: Lucas Grabeel gay.
And because you've seen him in the films. I know you have. I was there.
Though if you want I'll get you a life sized cardboard cut out. Or a Lucas Grabeel backpack.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Lark(e) said...

though interestingly enough, according to wikipedia hes a year older than us.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to his IMDB Trivia he's a fan of Christopher Guest. I don't know how he could be any more gay.

oh but wait for it, here's one of his quotes:

"I always wish life could be a musical. One person just says 5, 6, 7, 8."

sigh. unrequited love's a bitch.

and he's a year older than you, my love, two years older than me.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Lark(e) said...

I never claimed to be good at math.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home