Friday, November 18, 2005

So you know how I said I didn’t trust Tisch Special Programs?

About 5 minutes ago I got another call from TSP informing me that I spot opened up in the poetry program I originally applied for. At this point I think only TSP understands what’s going on so to clear it up I will give my lovely readers a timeline of Larkes Pre Africa adventure.
1. Larke gets the sophomore slump. Considers dropping out of DDW. Considers becoming premed. Considers becoming white water raft guide.
2. Larke decides that a semester abroad would to do the trick while keeping her from having another gap year.
3. Decided to apply to TSP’s Johannesburg program for the very specific Poetry in performance program.
4. Applies
5. Has an interview
6. Has another interview
7. Doesn’t get in.
8. Cries.
9. Meets with advisor early and gets into all the department classes she wants. Gets attached to the idea of taking playwriting and continuing to work on “Subtitle.”
10. Catches herself thinking of spending next year in Germany living with molly. Caveat: would not graduate on time.
11. Gets a phone call offering her a spot in the Johannesburg program but not in poetry but in a more sociological program on art and culture.
12. Mulls.
13. Decides there is no good reason not to go
14. Her parents cry.
15. Accepts the spot in the program.
16. Three days later gets another call from TSP offering her a spot in the poetry program.
17. Says yes in under 5 seconds.
18. Is informed that she needs to have a $425 deposit by Monday.
19. FREAKS OUT.
20. Larke remembers that she works twenty hours a week and has a savings account for situations just like this.
21. Does a little dance.
22. Makes a little love.
23. Goes to see Walk the line tonight (hope hope)

So I think that brings us up to date. I’m still vaguely confused but I suppose it is best to not ask questions.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lark(e) said...

Did you know that New York is the target of terrorist attacks? And I live there! CRAZY!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home