Friday, October 28, 2005

In lieu of an emo post.

Three posts in 24 hours! You shouldn’t be so lucky.
Last night I saw wolf parade at skirball. This was my 2nd NYU program board show. Things like the NYU program bored make sense at other schools in remote locations where there needs to be something for kids to do aside from chug beer. But NYU is kinda sorta in the middle of a giant city. Where there is lotsa culture. Whatever. Tickets are $6 so I’m not complaining. As with my other Program board show, Decemberists, Wolf Parade seemed mildly resentful to be playing for rich college students. Colin (of the Decemberists (who attended UM!!!)) kept making snide comments about how nice our facilities are. And wolf parade probably hadn’t seen so many preps since, well, they were in college. Whatever dude, you’re playing for NYU.
Today on my lunch break I sat in the park and ate a masala dosa (YAY Dosa man) and watched a film shoot. I don’t know why I still find them fascinating. But all those people getting paid to stand around and do nothing warms my heart. Halfway through, an extra came over and sat next to me and called his girlfriend I think. He kept talking about his boy Fifty and how awesome it was to work on his movie, acting like he new him. Now I don’t mean to discriminate, but this lad was a very skinny, very emo, very white skater boy. Maybe he was in costume. But I doubt it.
And now to that other thing.
I didn’t get into the South Africa program. Instead of describing how I feel I will say this: if you know me at all, you know how I feel.
Over and out.
Or should I say: Good night, and Good luck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Asher said...

I <3 Larkie

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home