Thursday, November 17, 2005

yet more shit

Things:
1. My dad started crying when I told him I was going to South Africa.
2. My mom ordered me not to get bird flu (“or aids,” my dad shouted). I informed her that South Africa has one of the best health systems in the world (if you have money, which I do)
3. I don’t understand why my parents are having a problem with this at all especially since they were all fine with it when I first applied. I guess they just got really used to having me here next semester (I did too frankly).
4. Apparently 1 out of 6 NYU freshman say they are going to be pre-med. By graduation 1 out of 100 NYU students are pre-med.
5. I’m still not convinced that everything is going to work out with South Africa. I do not trust Tisch Special Programs.
6. All of my childhood my mother would randomly say “I shot a man in Texas just to watch him die.” Random, I know, but its my mother, and if you know her it makes a vague kind of since. I JUST realized that it’s a line from a Johnny Cash song.
7. Speaking of Johnny Cash, his version of you are my sunshine is the creepiest thing EVER.
8. Also, WALK THE LINE HAD BETTER BE AMAZING. OR I will cry.
9. Saw Michael tonight. I kinda adore that girl. Though it was strange to be in New York with her only this time I was the person going to NYU. We’re going to H&M on Saturday because I need to buy like 800 long sleeve shirts (and because I have an H&M dependency)

2 Comments:

Blogger samuel ryan said...

reno! not texas!

and the johnny cash "you are my sunshine" is quite simply beautiful. like everything else the man has ever done.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Lark(e) said...

some say beautiful, some say creepy.
creepy like my mother quoting Johny Cash. You've met her. You know shes strange.

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home