Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Adventures in Advising part duex

Me: Hey Advisor
Advisor: Hey, have you scheduled a meeting with me?
Me: Yep, 10:45 tomorrow!
Advisor: do you want to meet now?
Me: Sure, that’d be great!
Advisor: Fill out one of these forms.
Me: Actually, I already have one filled out.
Advisor: And you have it with you?
Me; Yep
Advisor; great! Lets have this meeting. Then you can get your access codes early.
Me: I KNOW!
(Interim where we talk about my schedule, etc (this lasts about 20 sec))
Advisor: wow, you’ve got it all planed out. You’re an advisors dream.
Me: I try.
Advisor: It looks like you have it all planed out.
Me: yes.
Advisor: That’s good.
Me: maybe a little too planed out
Advisor: keeping you up at night? Need a something to help you sleep? Drugs?
Me: no…thanks.
Advisor: nothing wrong with being a little compulsive. One last thing to keep in mind is all this white space in the liberal arts you have going.
Me: I know, I’m taking German. I’m prepped. I’m planed. I had Roxanne photo copy that course matrix in my file.
Advisor:…
Me: …?…
Advisor: Okay, maybe you are a little too compulsive.
( beat)
Me: Just a little.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

ah, you have charts, I can rest easy

11:50 PM  
Blogger Morrigana said...

and who larke is your advisor?

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home