Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Tom Cruse and the bordom of Larke

Other people do not update their blogs/livejournals enough. I need to be entertained, people! (and as we all know, the world revolves around me) I don’t think people quite understand just how much time a day I spend in front of a computer. Staring at an empty screen waiting…waiting… for something amusing to catch my eye. You think I do this out of personal choice but my job needs me, nay requires me to sit here, in front of a computer, hour after hour. It’s enough to drive a poor girl mad. Have a little sympathy guys! What, do you want me to read a book or something? Ew!
Speaking of books: I recommended Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell to my brother and he actually sounded like he might be interested (exclamation point to the extreme). I mean, he could be acting but he at least pretended that he was writing it down. Some of you may recall the Christmas debacle a few years back when I bought him summerland, the once and future king, dune, and I robot (all good books he should read) and the day right after Christmas he returned them ALL. This was then followed by his birthday when I bought him the same books and then WROTE on the inside covers of all of them why I thought he should read them, making them impossible to return. I’m surprised our relationship ever recovered (actually come to think of it, maybe his feigned interest was a peace offering, I suppose that means I need to feign interest in D&D.)
While I was sitting at work, NOT reading my friends blogs, I actually stumbled across this quite fascinating article on celebrity as a mental disorder. http://www.newyorkmag.com/nymetro/news/culture/features/12264/
“Stars are not just like us. According to researchers, celebrities are four times as likely to commit suicide as noncelebrities and live, on average, thirteen years less than Joe and Jane Sixpack. Celebrities may receive substandard treatment at hospitals, victims of deferred medical tests or competition between surgeons for the honor of operating on a celebrity. Celebrities may experience more insomnia, migraines, and irritable-bowel syndrome. Celebrities are twice as likely to develop a serious alcohol problem.”
Poor celebritys. I feel bad for them!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home