Monday, June 09, 2008

Vitamin Fortified Cotton Candy

So my car doesn’t have a tape deck (or cd player, or mp3 player or any of those new fangled gadgets you kids have.) Which means when I’m in Montana I listen to a lot of bad pop radio. And it also means I become hideously into specific pop songs that under other circumstances I would never listen to.* Every summer there is one song that gets played on the radio all the time and manages to drive everyone insane and yet I love it forever and never get sick of it beyond all reason and get so excited whenever it comes on the radio.
Two years ago it was Crazy – Gnarls Barkley.
Last year it was Umbrella – Rhianna.
This year its Love in this Club by Usher. (What club do you want to have sex in? oh, THIS club, I forgot thax.)
As with all of these songs it is an incredibly well put together pop song. Meaning of course that it has the nutritional value of cotton candy. But its really GOOD cotton candy. And when I’m driving home at night with the windows rolled down I want something with a beat that I know all the words to. This summer I plan on getting really excited whenever Love in this Club comes on the radio.
This could be more shameful. I’m also really into a Miley Cyrus song. I know, okay? But doesn’t it make you want to put your foot down on the gas pedal?

*That statement is such a lie. I totally bought Rhianna most recent album. Shhhh, don’t tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Hey, at least you've never purchased a Hanson album. Not that I have, of course...

I am in DC until mid-August. You get back to the coast end of July-ish? Maybe I'll train from DC to NY to Chicago at the end of summer. I do love the train. How's Montana?

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home