Monday, June 02, 2008

NO NO NO NO NO!

For the love of all things holy do NOT remake The Women, George Cukors genius 1939 film and do NOT remake it with Eva Fucking Mendez replacing Joan Crawford. Are you people NUTS? I have no problem with Eva Mendez, I think she was the best part of We Own the Night. But really? Can you imagin Eva Mendez saying "there's a word for you ladies but its not used in polite society out side of a kennel." No? Me neither.
I am sort of okay with Roslind Russel being replaced by Annette Benning. I'm always happy to see her out and working and not taking care of the Betty brood. But really, on the list of unnecessary remakes this is at the top.
And while the original is all about vicious women tearing each other apart what do you want to bet that the moral of this one is all about sisterhood triumphing. In my personal opinion "sisterhood" has ruined women in film. Also it doesn't exist. If you don't believe me just look at the Hillary supporters tearing apart any woman (or NARAL) that supports Obama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home