Thursday, November 08, 2007

Open the gates and seize the day.

So there’s this little writers strike on. It’s kinda a big deal. It making life difficult for a lot of people I love, people who should be getting paid but aren’t. And don’t get me wrong, I am 100% behind the strike and what the guild gains today will help me tomorrow.
Which means when not one but two people called me about a screenplay of mine my response was “YAAAAAAAAAAYcrap.” I went to go ask my advisor about it and before I could even open my mouth he said “It’s not a coincidence that they are calling you now.”
Me: how did you know? Did George [another writing teacher] talk to you?
Advisor: No. You’re just the 10th person to come to me with this question today. It’s never a coincidence.
So I was feeling all crummy and used and I called my mom. Who’s response was priceless:
Mom: well isn’t it nice to know that they think you’re worth asking to scab?
And I felt much better.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Oh man, I have to have the most awkward conversation ev-er tomorrow night. About the strike etc. Awkwarddddd. STRIKE.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home