Friday, October 05, 2007

Salon dot com

There was a period of my life where I read a lot of salon.com. This was back in high school before salon had changed editors, and before they made people subscribe. At that time Salon was a lot trashier with lots of articles about sex and prostitution and also more coverage of the arts. Now its mostly super serious political analysis and therefore a lot less fun. I still check back once a week or so to read the tv reviews though. When I do, I usually skim what they published the past week, just in case there was something interesting.
This week I was rewarded.
This article is a review comparing Susan Faludi's new book and Bruce Springsteen's new album. Both are about the way America has reacted to 9/11, Faludi focuses on backlashes against feminism, Springsteen's is more general.
Its a pretty amazing review. Go. Read.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home