Tuesday, November 29, 2005

An event

Me: (picking up the phone) Good afternoon ITP!
Person: Hello, I'd like to request an aplication for admission.
Me: Have you visited our website? Most people just download an application from there. (translation: I don't actually know how to send you an application even though I've worked her for a year and a half)
Person: Well, I'm blind so I usually just call and talk to a real person.
Me: Um.. yeah.. (makes the "oh shit Im an asshole" face) that would make a lot of sense. Let me transfer you to my boss.

Which makes me realize that the fact that our culture is now so incredibly dependent on the interenet must really suck for blind people. And I've only just now realized this. I'm an asshole.

2 Comments:

Blogger Morrigana said...

you're not an asshole

9:46 PM  
Blogger Asher said...

youre a writer, theres a slight difference

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home