Friday, January 16, 2009

I would like one heart warmer please!

"When all were out, the pilot walked up and down the aisle twice to make sure the plane was empty, officials said."
***
I saw "Slumdog Millionaire" last night with Sushi and I couldn't help but compare it to "Synecdoche." Where "Synecdoche" wallows in pain and death and illness, "Slumdog Millionaire" states that life is ugly and gross, and then milks it for comedy. "Synecdoche" sees the worst in people, "Slumdog" sees the best. And on a day after a miraculous plane crash (never thought I would type those three words together) I would much rather see the best than the worst.
Sometimes humans can be good.
Sometimes we can be beautiful.
UPDATE:
Sushi: that may be my favorite movie of the year
Sushi: and i'm not just saying that cause i'm brown
Sushi: cause you know how i feel about bollywood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home