Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hate is such a strong word...

I get mistaken for a vegetarian a lot. I don’t know why. For some reason I give off a veggie vibe. Which is weird because I don’t think I know a single person (outside of my family) who eats as much meat as me. I tried to be a vegetarian in middle school, not because I particularly care about animals, but because the meat industry in this country is disgusting and unsustainable. I ended up eating tuna with every meal and by the end of my four month experiment I was craving meat so badly it was all I could think about. So ultimately I just accepted that my body needs meat and decided to enjoy it.
Also, its weird that people think I am a vegetarian because I hate PETA with every fiber of my being.
In theory I support PETA (see above statement re: meat industry – disgusting.) but in practice their methods just seem intent on alienating any possible ally they could have. Feminists. Jews. Ben and Jerry Lovers.
Yes that’s right, PETA is going after Ben and Jerrys.
“People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.”

Yep. Apparently they don’t have anything better to do with their time.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chelsea said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, that was weird. It logged me in by an old blogger name.

Anyway, one of the first conversations we had was about how your family had half a moose/elk/something in your freezer.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Good Bet Ash said...

Boobie-Ice-Cream!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Lark(e) said...

Bison. I believe I was your away message for about two years with that convo.
My parents have also added a hog to the giant once a year whole animal purchase.
Did I mention my family eats a lot of meat?

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home