Sunday, March 09, 2008

I am Legend Redux

I found “I am Legend” exhaustingly terrifying. Literally. I was so worn out at the end of it that I went home and went to sleep (even though it was like 8).
One of the ways I deal with scary movies is I nit pick. I find plot holes, gimmicks, things that don’t make sense. And “I am Legend” is filled with plot holes. I know other people liked it but I just saw everything wrong.
One of my biggest problems starts with a line that Will Smith says towards the beginning. He describes the creatures as having completely regressed from humanity but we see the creatures building traps and working together. So… not completely regressed? It’s a contradiction that is never answered. And it pissed me off.
Now the original ending has leaked onto the internet.
And its much much better. I don’t actually know why they changed it. I guess the kaboom lobby won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home