Saturday, February 23, 2008

Ads I Hate:


Blasphemy! BLASPHEMY I SAY!
To be fair I’ve hated every single one of these ads in this series. There has been Riply fighting the Alien and talking about Directv. There has been Kirk mocking Spock while shilling Directv. And it all started off with the Back to the Future one. But for some reason I find this ad particularly offensive. Maybe because its making fun of torture. I mean, I know that torture is no big deal. We do what we have to in the name of national security. God forbid we take the moral high road. That would just be stupid.
Theres a bomb in manhattan and you have the man who planted it and its going to go off in an hour what do you do? Do you torture? Is this a scenario that will ever actually show up in reality?
Also Misery is a brilliant movie.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

But... I'm confused. Misery isn't about torturing would-be terrorists about to set off a bomb in Manhattan. It's about a psychotic fan-girl keeping her favorite author captive. Yeah, she uses the word torture, but it's not... making fun of waterboarding or something.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Lark(e) said...

To clarify,
There is a line in there about how turning off directv "would be torture."
The ad manages to push two of my buttons. The button which gets annoyed when old movies are fucked with and the button which gets annoyed at the trivialization of torture.
So go team directv. Ive wasted a good half hour of my life being pissed off at them.

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home