Friday, February 22, 2008

Larke Recommends:

The Right Madness By James Crumley.

I originally picked up this book because it takes place partly in Missoula and Jim is a hometown legend. But this story of a hard drinkin PI (I need to type that phrase more often) investigating his psychologist friend has me riveted. I was so engrossed in reading about CW (our wonderful protagonist) pulling a pen out of the arm of a corrupt FBI agent with only pliers and some vodka that I didn’t notice that it was my stop until the doors started to close. I had to pry the doors open with my bare hands God knows I don’t want to walk home from the Grand Ave stop.
I have the bruises on my hand to prove it.
I give it two shots of cold turkey straight up.
Which is my new Mystery novel rating system. That translates to “two thumbs up” in your yellow belly coward’s tongue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home