Friday, December 02, 2005

Books that need to have been read.

So I am not well read. I will never be well read. I do not have either the time or the energy. The only way I could imagine becoming well read is to inheret a great fortune and seclude myself on a desolate island for 5 to 10 years. Or to work in a look out tower for the forest service one summer.
(if any one thinks about saying "oh no larke, you are well read" keep in mind that I have incredably high standards for the term "well read" which at this point no one I know comes close o approaching.)
But inspite of my defeatism there are some books I feel I should have read by the time I turned 20. It brings me saddness that I have not yet read these books, nor that it appears I will read them in the near future.
1. Middlemarch by George Elliot-- When ever I read selected passages from this book they make me really happy.
2. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy -- So Im a pretentious fuck. I also really like the russians, so its not put on.
3. The Brothers Karamozov by Dostoyevski --I tottally spelled those names wrong didnt I.

What do you think Loyal readers? Any other books that it is incredably damaging that I havent read yet?

I will also add
Books I will have read by the time I turn 30:
1. That fucking proust book that starts off about a madaline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home