Saturday, December 24, 2005

because you care

Best movies of the year:
Brokeback mountain (for making me cry within the first five minutes)
Good night and good luck (for making me want to smoke)
Grizzly man and March of the Penguins (for being awesome documentaries)
You and me and everyone we know (for making me like indie movies again)
Capote (for making me frightened of all writers)
Wallace and Grommet (for being too cool)
Red Eye (for making 90 minutes feel like five)

Honorable mention:
Millions (for making me cry)
Constantine (for making me laugh)
Downfall (for being insanely high quality even if I didn’t enjoy it)
Pride and Prejudice (for making me slightly less bitter)
Old boy (for making my teeth hurt)


Worst movies of the year:
Crash (for finding the line between melodrama and drama and sprinting right past it)
Willy Wonka/Corpse Bride (for Tim Burton becoming a parody of himself)
Junebug (for making me hate all indie movies)
Batman begins (for not being directed by tim burton)
War of the Worlds (for being soulless)
Sin City (for not living up to the trailer)
Broken flowers (not because I saw it, but because I want Jim Jarmush to die)

5 Comments:

Blogger L.Dah K.Plan said...

Oh Larke.
Obviously you didn't like crash because you just don't realize that you're racist too! Of course that's the explanation.

PS Jim Jarmusch is kinda cool. I plan to subject you to him over break, so get ready.

3:55 AM  
Blogger L.Dah K.Plan said...

oops. posted twice.

3:55 AM  
Blogger L.Dah K.Plan said...

Oh Larke.
Obviously you didn't like crash because you just don't realize that you're racist too! Of course that's the explanation.

PS Jim Jarmusch is kinda cool. I plan to subject you to him over break, so get ready.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Lark(e) said...

no. I flatly refuse.

3:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

i agree entirely, minus the jarmusch bashing;
though broken flowers disappointed, but only because it was unlike the rest of his stuff.

also, red eye rules.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home