Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My Dad Has Seen More Russia Than Sarah Palin

I have this wonderful blue jacket that I’ve had since middle school and is totally lame and the least fashionable thing I own but I LOVE it because it is incredibly warm and has a walrus on the back.
This is the only photo of the jacket I could find on Facebook. It gets points off for not showing the back which is where the islands and the walrus are, but it gets bonus points for including a chicken.
My dad got it when he and my grandma went on a cruse around Alaska and Russia back when I was in 5th grade. They stopped at this little island called little diomede which is the closest American area to Russia (Big Diomede island is Russian and visible). Back in the cold war there were a lot of cost guarders stationed on little diomede. You know, incase the Russians invaded.
Its where my dad bought the jacket (big and little diomede are on the jacket).
And is a place Sarah Palin has never been.
Ergo, my dad should be president.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home